Houston Discount Flood Insurance Rates - Affordable Texas Flood Insurance
Houston, Texas is in an area prone to hurricanes and tropical storms, which often means heavy storm surges and high rainfall levels. The elevation of the city is essentially at sea level and the ground is mainly composed of clay that doesn't absorb water very well. According to FEMA, the majority of Houston is at an elevated risk of flooding each time one of these storms hits. Heavy storms and debris can also cause levees to brake and drainage system to clog and back up, which results in flooding as well. Whatever the cause of the flood, extensive water damage is difficult and very expensive to repair.
Top 5 reasons you need a Texas homeowner's flood insurance policy:
- Your Houston homeowner's insurance policy will not cover your house for any flood related losses.
- A Texas flood insurance policy must be purchased separately from your Texas homeowner's policy.
- According to FEMA, 30% of the annual flood damage in Texas happens to properties outside of a known flood risk area (100-year floodplain).
- Protecting your home and belongings with flood insurance is far less costly than cleaning up after the fact, and much more secure than depending upon aid from a Presidential Disaster Declaration. Even if such a declaration is made for your area, it can be a long time before any money arrives.
- Texas flood insurance policies are cheap and affordable.
Flood Insurance Quote Form
Please take a moment to fill out the form below and one of our local insurance agents will contact you with a free, no-obligation quote. This information will be kept confidential and will be used for quote purposes only.
* Required fields.